The company Alimex was formed in the mid 80s by our founder Helmut Geller in Willich-Germany, who using a new technical method revolutionized the production of aluminum cast plates in 1985, laying the foundation for the company’s global success. The manufacturing principle has stood to this day.
Alimex is considered a high-quality global company with manufacturing facilities in Europe, USA and Asia, and sales organizations in other countries. We also work with a limited number of strong distribution partners in each region, to supply a wide range of customers across many industries.
The constant growth of the company has always been driven by innovative ideas for which alimex has been recognized and which has driven success in the market.
Chronicle & Milestones
- 2022 Major volume growth success, and 24 hour shift working achieved in the US plant in SC
- 2021 New capital investment major automation/robotic cell manufacturing starts in Willich-Germany
- 2021 New USA AL Production line starts for North American customers
- 2021 New factory in Malaysia first production starts for customers in Asian market
- 2020 New factory in Asia opens in Johor, Malaysia
- 2020 New capital investment decisions are made for a US AL Plate production line
- 2017 First year of USA production starts with Large vertical saw and Precision saws
- 2016 New USA Factory opens in Columbia, SC
- 2014 Introduction of the new product ACP 5754 for extraordinary anodizing results
- 2011 Implementation of a new ERP System
- 2009 The use of a new milling head with 2,700 mm diameter allows a consistent milling pattern for widths / lengths up to 2500 mm x 6000 mm
- 2009 ‘Supplier of the year 2009’ award by the customer Smith Metals2008 Market launch of the products ACP 5080R GIANT, ACP 5080 GIANT, ACP 5080RS GIANT and ACP 5080S GIANT for large measurements
- 2008 Extension of the production area in Germany to 21,000 m2
- 2008 ‘Supplier of the year 2008’ award from the customer Smith Metals2008 ‘European Aluminium Award 2008’ from reed Exhibitions Germany Ltd.
- 2008 ‘ASMAC Gold Award Winner from the customer Toyota
- 2007 More than 180 employees work at alimex
- 2007 Market launch of the aluminium cast plates ACP 5080RS and ACP 5080S with reduced microporosity.2007 Foundation of the affiliate company alimex Precision in Aluminum, Inc. in the USA2006 Market launch of the mirror surfaced aluminium cast plate ACP 5080MF
- 2004 Foundation of the affiliate company alimex benelux B.V. in the Netherlands
- 2003 Relocation of the component parts production to a new, fully air-conditioned workshop1999 alimex employs more than 100 members of staff1998 Honour for special performance; category: materials, from EuroMold trade fair
- 1996 First time certification complying with DIN EN ISO 9001:2000
- 1995 Extension of the stock and sawing business in Germany
- 1984 Revolutionizing of the production process and manufacturing ramp-up of the first aluminium cast plates in Europe (ACP 5080R and ACP 5080)
- 1970 Establishment of alimex metal trading Ltd. by Helmut Geller